Tuesday, October 10, 2006

 

Thinking about things

I am sitting in my office enjoying a good sermon on line just sitting and reflecting about the past week. This past week I have learned how short life is, how good it is to have friends, learned how God is moving in different areas, and read blogs that disturb me.

This past week I went to a funeral which made me reflect on how short life is. This woman that was celebrated was a sweet young lady and was taken HOME at the early age of 47. Her testimony alone is used by God to win more to Christ. My heart goes out to her husband and I just pray that what he preaches about will become real to him and that he can see God's glory in all this through time.

This past week I learned it was good to have friends that are on the same journey I am on. I enjoyed good laughs and deep discussion on what God is doing in their lives. I am so amazed how God works in people's lives to tie them together. There is no reason why all the guys I count as friends should be friends other than we are bought with the blood of Christ. Due to that one amazing fact that puts all in one brotherhood, thank you Jesus.

This past week I read so many blogs that have taken the focus of Christ out of a picture dealing with church. There have been many changes in what one person would call power positions in churches. Basically a generation of pastors and leaders are now being called home and a new generation is take place of many men. The issue that arise is that the person who replace the old generation sometimes comes across difficulty because they may try to change the culture of a church. The idea that church members who are blood bought get up set because a culture is changed really bothers me. If the pastor and leaders are unBiblical or unethical that is a different story, but because culture is changing people want resignations. What needs to happen is everybody needs to get back to the base of the cross and realize that God is the one incontrol of the church and we just need to submit to His authority. I am grieved to hear how people get things out of focuse and the one who suffers is Christ. I plead that people will wake up and let the Holy Spirit work.

Well I am not sure if anybody reads this or not but hey that is cool. Incase you do read this leave a comment so I know you are reading...

Thanks.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?